Monday, August 29, 2011

Buka Bareng Blogger - Jun Njan (Grand Indonesia Ramadhan Rhapsody)

Hola everybody. Sorry for long waiting, have a bunch of things to do. :(
Anyway, after Katsusei, Grand Indonesia invited me again to their break fasting dinner at Jun Njan. Actually I've been here twice. You may see this is my first visit and this is my second visit. So I had tried some of their this, and for me they were pretty good.

This is Mr. Bobby. He's the owner of Jun Njan. As I heard, Jun Njan has been existed since 1960s. Cool! They were just a hawker stall. And now they have been developed and opened a lot of branches. Their headquarter is in Batu Ceper.

This is Jun Njan's chefs. They were about to show us how to make lobster salad. Sssst. It's their new dish. They even haven't put it on the menu. So we're first ones to try this. We were so excited!

Look at the lobster! They would be in me in minutes. Muahaha.
According to the chef, this was bamboo lobster. They use this kind of lobster because it's easier to find in Jakarta and the meat taste good. To cook this lobster, they steamed in for approximately 10 minutes.

First, mix lychee, slices of lobster's meat, mayo.


Voila! The Lobster Salad is done. Yuhuuu!


As we were about 20 people, so each person only got this few. :'(
But it was nice. I love how sweetness of lychee really kicked my appetite. Unfortunately, I even almost couldn't taste the lobster's meat. Maybe the lychee and mayo were too strong. But the lettuce was very fresh and crunchy.

Do you know what is it? It is tea. And it is used for wash your hand after eating boiled shrimp! In Indonesia, we usually call it as air kobokan. It is called konokan because we dip our hand into the water in order to clean our hands. Usually it is just water and lime. This was my first time to see tea as air kobokan. :p
According to Mrs. Afung (Mr. Bobby's mother), they use tea in order to clean all the oil in our hand.
Hoaaaaa. Boiled shrimp!

The one in red shirt is Mrs. Afung. She was very kind and friendly. She also taught us the right step of peeling shrimp. :D

Just for fun, there was peeling shrimp competition! The winner was the highest number of shrimp peeled. And we got the winner. She got 5 perfect peeled shrimp in 1 minute. Congrats!

Time to eat! This was Seafood Fried Rice. I loved the rice for it was a bit soft. But my friends didn't like that way. Anyway, the taste was pretty good. I guess nothing could go wrong with fried rice.


Then we got Black Pepper Beef. Unfortunately, the beef was too hard to chew. The owner said, the beef that day was not too good. Different with the usual. But the seasoning was good and strong enough. I could feel the pepper but still could it without rice.

JunNjan Fried Squid. I once post it on my posting. And my comment is still the same. It was good, soft, and not chewy. I love it that way. The seasoning was also balance and okay. Very savory and smell good too.

Braised Soft Tofu with Jun Njan Sauce. I also had tried it before. And I'm still love it. The sauce was very soft. But unfortunately, the other dishes had strong taste, so when I got this, I almost think it was almost tasteless. But it's also good for refreshment. Can you imagine if all the dishes had strong taste? And all the taste would fight in my mouth.


Fried Prawn with Salted Egg Yolk. First this came, I was like WOW. It smelled extremely nyum! Anyway, it tasted nice. Savory and salty. But for me, the prawn skin was pretty annoying. I couldn't eat it for it was too hard. But also too troublesome to peel first. Plus, it's wasting to peel the prawn shrimp, because the salted egg yolk (main season) was in outer part of the skin.
Ah, I don't like the sensation of eating prawn skin. Doh!

Deep Fried Carp with Sweet and Sour Sauce. I also ever tasted it before and I loved it. For me, it tasted very nice. The sweetness and the sourness were balance. If you quickly eat it before it got cold, you also may get the crunchiness of the deep fried carp. NYUM! I want some more. :9

Fried Chicken with Butter Sauce. I didn't know whether this was one of their recommended dish or not. But I'm not recommend it anyway. For me, the other dishes above were much greater than this one. :)
The chicken wasn't crunchy. Well, the sauce was savory and not bad. But I still prefer the other dishes. I felt nothing special in this dish.


Ice Fruity Cream. Hoaaaah. I was full already, but there's always a place for dessert! Yeiy!
They called it ice fruity cream, but I didn't found any creamy thing here. I thought it was coconut milk with shaved ice and some fruits ( I forgot what they were). Not bad. As it looked heavy, but it was pretty light to eat. Not too sweet.

Overall I loved the experience of dining here.
Moreover, I got the goodie bag again. Almost the same with the Katsusei one, I got my photo printed and a mini bag, a tumblr, and vouchers. Yeiy! Sssstt. I also got Jun Njan voucher value 100,000 IDR. :D

I got a lot of fun. Big thanks to Grand Indonesia and Jun Njan. See you on the next event! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Indonesian Food Blogger based in Jakarta Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger