Sunday, September 11, 2011

Brussels Spring

Hello readers! 
I know how much you miss me, so I come back early. lol.
This time my heart got caught into Brussels Spring. Heard once about them, they're famous in Bandung. Lately, they opened some branches (only 2: Epicentrum Walk & Central Park) in Jakarta. Yippie! 

As their name seems into dessert, I thought I had to order one. So here this was. Opera Cake (22.5K). First time I fell in love with opera cake was the Harvest's one. Until then, Harvest's opera cake always be my baby standard. Anyway, for me, I thought Brussels Spring's was pretty edible. Even the rum was too much, it almost  beat the coffee smell. About texture, it was pretty nice. Love the moist.





Chicken Steak (47.5K). From the presentation, it won my heart. Looked so tempting. I couldn't wait to taste it. It was grilled chicken breast with BBQ sauce, served with fresh vegetables & mashed potato. The chicken was good. Nice, tender, juicy, well-marinated and well-grilled. I believe they didn't use to much seasoning into the chicken, because the main taste was in the BBQ sauce.  The sauce was nice. I loved the balance of sourness and sweetness. You can see the corn was hidden behind the chicken breast. The corn was boiled. Wait, can you see the mashed potato? Yeah, it's wrapped in spring roll skin. To be honest, I loved it so much! The mashed potato was savory and not too creamy. With crunchiness outside and moist & soft inside, 2 thumbs up for them. :))



Coffee Late (20K). Love the balance between milk and coffee. I'm not into bitterness, and this one fitted me well. I'm not an expert about coffee, but I knew this wasn't just an instant coffee. This was a well-brewed coffee. :)




I saw this in their show case. Chocolate cookies (12K). From the sticker on packaging, we could see it was still made in Bandung (their headquarter). Anyway, the cookies was chocolate-ish. Not too crunchy, a bit moist, and not too sweet, but I liked it. There was also some tiny cuts of cashew nuts. 










Brussels Spring
Central Park - Tribeca Park
Jl. Letjen. S. Parman Kav. 28
Jakarta Barat 11470
(021) 2920 0007/8

Brussels Spring
Epicentrum Walk - Lifestyle Center GF
Komp. Rasuna Epicentrum
Jl. HR Rasuna Said
Jakarta Selatan
(021) 299 41125

Brussels Spring
Jl. Sumatera no. 30
Bandung
(022) 426 4104

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Indonesian Food Blogger based in Jakarta Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger